Journey through years of my EXISTENCE

Welcome to my virtual kitchen you lovely people!!!

I know you guys were expecting some food recipes, few cooking tips, some life survival tips. Next posts will be about those. 

This one is knowing your host a little more. A little ice-breaker never hurts or does it.

Theory of Human Relativity


We may/ may not belong to same context, may/ may not have same perspectives. May/ may not have same cooking styles. It all depends on how objectively or subjectively one reads this post. You might feel nostalgic reading few of my words, it might remind you of your childhood or may be not. But reading someone else journey and remembering yours is also not half bad.


This will be a long, very long, super long one.......(Read the title). 


Is it just me or we 90's born millennials actually love to talk about how glorifying and lively our childhood used to be. I am 22, will be turning twenty three this 5th of May, the point is not my birthdate, (but as now you know it, you better wish me) but the fact how much we millennials love to talk about games we used to play (gully cricket, pithoo, kho-kho, ludo), cartoons we used to watch (Hello there!Teletubbies, Scooby-doo, Simpsons, babylooney tunes. I can go on and on and on...) and birthdays. What is time, and wasting it when we start chit-chatting about our childhood. RIGHT.




Yes!! that my fellas is the face behind these words, Bhawna Jha (my name is a hindi word, which means 'emotions') and also this picture belongs to 1997 so ignore weird fashion sense. I am architect on some days, photographer on others, shayar on some and survival cook on all. Coming back to childhood. I had this love and hate relationship with Kajal. I barely have childhood pictures and they all are like this one. One of my eye rubbed off all nazar-rakshak my dadi used to put.


I do not know if this is an interesting story enough but I was not born in any hospital or clinic. There used to be a lady who everyone called Dai-Ma, she helped my maatu with my delivery. This story still creeps me out!!


This used to be time for heavily kohled eyes, neck, hair, forehead, I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING, taveez threaded in black necklace and fountain pony :). Also this used to be time when floral blankets were used as background to click aesthetic photographs.


Does anyone of you remember birthday celebrations of that time? 

This picture is from my 8th birthday. Ahan!!! Now how many of you remember those paper plates filled with candies, chips, one samosa and a slice of cake. AND YESSS!!! excitement of bursting that big central balloon full of everything nice. And those multi- levels pencil box as birthday gifts!!!
This was also an important phase of my life from uncoordinated dance performances to starting one of my hobby. WHICH IS COIN COLLECTION. Once I walked to nukkad grocery store to buy some stuffs, bhaiya handed me some change in which I found this beauty. My first 'Anokha Sikka' 'cellular jail'. 

Over the period of time, thanks to my mohalle wale, family, friends, friends of friends, boyfriends of my friends, girlfriends of my friends, this collection grew and grew. I can boast of it now, which is more than half a century and still going strong. I like nomenclature so named them 'anokhe sikke' which means 'unique coins'.


 To Healing world.What is Coordination? What is expression?

There is something else I like naming, MY PAINTINGS.
Say Hello to 'Dying in ecstasy' 'Found but Lost' 'Captivated/ Padmavati' 'Black & White is so Colorful' respectively.
Recently I started enjoying jotting down notes, writing quotes, maintaining to do lists and giving a satisfactory tick after completing a task. I purchased these beauties last December from a tibetan refugee colony in North Delhi known as 'Majnu Ka Tila'. Orange one is for quotes/ shayaris and pale yellow is for life goals, writing down a realistic goal and year by which I want to achieve it. 
                               TOO PERSONAL SO DEAL WITH THIS BLURRED PICTURE!!!

SHAREABLE LIFE GOAL
Okay I can share this one life goal with you people. Here it goes...
5 of my works to come up when somebody googles my name. Right now it's 2/5. One is my artwork for postergully and second is my concept sheet for an architectural competition, I got honorable mention for. (Go Ahead!!! Google me. Such Trust Issues!!!)

What to expect from subsequent posts

- A masterchef sharing her recipes and teaching you Italian, Mughlai, Lebanese, Chinese, French etc etc etc. ABSOLUTELY NOT.
- A millennial sharing some survival cooking recipes. CERTAINLY.
- Bonding over food. DEFINITELY.


Not So Important things


Puberty you completely forgot me. I am waiting right here so hit me now. It is never too late puberty. You can do this.
Why is lipstick more on my cheeks than my lips
 
Signing Off. Your host and dost (friend)



If nostalgia is what you felt after reading this post, do FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE to this blog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Break-in-fast: Chapter 1 WHEN CHEELA MET CHUTNEY!!!!

Sugary Rush: Chapter 2 BANANANANA!!!

Sugary Rush: Chapter 1 LET'S GO BANANAS!!!